Lullababies is a storytime and movement class for parents & babies 0-2 years. Participants will learn from a broad repertoire of rhymes, songs, tickles and bounces based on local storytelling legend Sally Jaeger’s programs, Lullabies & Lap Rhymes and Mr. Bear Says Hello (1981). This class requires the participation of the parent or caregiver, who plays with baby using directed language and movement.
- Early introduction to language for baby
- Parents will learn how to distract, diffuse, entertain, calm and soothe baby
- Face to face interaction stimulates baby’s attention span and listening skills
- Stimulate baby’s senses with foot pats, finger plays, tracing and tracking of small motor movements
- Moving with baby helps them grasp where they are in space and see the world around them
- Allows baby to socialize with other babies
- Strengthens the bond between parent & baby
- Increases the body’s production of endorphins and lifts the mood
- Group class environment allows for meeting other new mothers and fathers
- Learn how to be aware of posture when moving with baby to prevent injury
- Class is 45 minutes long
- 8-class sessions
- Baby blanket
- Bottle or soother if required (no toys please)
Instructor: Anna Jaeger
8 Tuesdays from September 18th to November 6th, 10am to 10:45am
Download Course Calendar
Please arrive 10 minutes early for your first class.
All classes are held in the studio at Evymama, 1345 Saint Clair Avenue West in Toronto. We can be reached via live chat or at (416) 465-9991. See our studio and class policies here.