Evymama is pleased to host Meet Your Mutt's prenatal preparation course for expectant parents. Get your dog and your home ready for your new baby's arrival! This course encourages a safe, compassionate, fun, and everlasting bond between your baby and your dog.
Instructor Ashley Baylen will go over everything you need in this 3 hour workshop to set up your home, baby and dog for success including:
- Preparing your home for baby and dog to peacefully co-exist
- Establishing boundaries and safe spaces
- What to allow and what to prevent (The DO's and DON'T's)
- Sample daily routines for baby and dog
- Establishing 5 reliable key commands: Sit, Stay, Leave it, Drop It and Heel
- How to Maintain a calm, respectful environment
- Understanding Dog Body Language and Communication - Being Proactive vs. Reactive
- Understanding Learning Theory - The 4 quadrants: Positive Emphasis, Shaping, Counter Conditioning, Desensitization and the similarities and differences between parenting a human and a dog
- How to introduce your baby to dogs at friends/family houses or out in the world
- Teaching empathy, kindness and respect at an early age
- Training games that include baby
- Songs to integrate into daily life
- an Open Q&A to ask questions specific to your dog, baby and household!
The 3 hour workshop is limited to 25 individuals/couples and will include a 15 minute break with refreshments and snacks available.
Price is per family. Babies up to 6 months old are welcome, but dogs must stay home please.
Sunday, October 28th from 10am - 1pm
All classes are held in the studio at Evymama, 1345 Saint Clair Avenue West in Toronto. We can be reached via live chat or at (416) 465-9991. See our studio and class policies here.