Want to utilize excess strawberries into cozy desserts? Try this strawberry and cream scone recipe. Your kids will surely love it.
- all-purpose flour (sifted) = 2 cups
- baking powder = 1 tablespoon
- granulated sugar = 3 tablespoons
- salt = 1/2 teaspoon
- chilled butter (cut into cubes) = 6 tablespoons
- small organic strawberries (diced and hulled) = 12 pieces
- lemon zest = 1 tablespoon
Ingredients For Glaze (Optional):
- icing sugar = 1 1/2 cup
- half and half cream = 2 tablespoons
- vanilla = 1/2 teaspoon
- lemon = a squeeze
- Preheat your oven up to 425 degrees.
- Align the baking sheet using a parchment paper
- Combine and stir the following: sugar, baking powder, sifted flour, and salt.
- Incorporate the butter with a pastry cutter.
- Fold in gently the lemon zest and strawberries and stir until incorporated in.
- Put the half and half cream and mix gently until a soft dough forms.
- Put the dough on the floured surface and gently press until the thickness is 1 1/2 to 2 inches.
- Cut it into 8 triangles.
- Lift one triangle at a time with a spatula and place it on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Afterward, let the baked scones rest for 15 minutes.
- While the scones are cooling, prepare the glaze.
Procedures For Glaze:
- Whisk the following until blended: vanilla, icing sugar, half and half cream, and squeezes of lemon.
- Add more lemon juice or cream if the mixture is too thick, or add a bit more icing sugar if it is too thin.
- If satisfied, drizzle all over the scones your glaze.