Strawberry desserts might not be as sweet as chocolates, but they are more preferable for the health-conscious. When the strawberry season comes and an abundant harvest of the fruit, you can try this strawberry rhubarb crisp recipe.
This particular recipe is super easy to make. It will be a sure hit not only for kids but also for adults.
- stalks of rhubarb (sliced in thick pieces) = 6 pieces
- strawberries (sliced and hulled) = 2 cups
- sugar = 1/4 cup
- all-purpose flour = 1 cup
- rolled oats = 1/2 cup
- sugar = 1/3 cup
- brown sugar = 1/3 cup
- cinnamon = 1/2 teaspoon
- salt = 1/4 teaspoon
- butter (melted) = 1/2 cup
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees. Utilize the 9 in * 13 in the baking dish.
- Within a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients with a fork.
- Next, add the melted butter slowly in order to create a crumb-like mixture.
- Spread the formed crumb mixture all over the berries.
- Bake them for 35 to 40 minutes or to the point the berries are bubbling. If you want them to be crispier, bake them a little longer.
- Afterward, serve the dessert warm with ice cream of vanilla bean flavor on top. A vanilla Greek yogurt can also be a substitute for ice cream.